Friday 28 February 2014

Stealth - Part 3

When he returned to the shuttle, he found all the systems disabled. There was an odd red glow emitting from the screens and the engine refused to start.
"Shit," he sighed, "Just when I want to make a getaway."
"I saw you dispatching those Krogan. There are not many who could have killed so many," a voice said from inside his shuttle, the screens pulsing in time with the syllables.
"Who are you?" Stealth asked, "Give me back control of my shuttle."
"I am known as Revenge. You humans call my species "Reaper", though it is irrelevant."
"Fuck!" Stealth yelled, trying to get out of the vehicle again. However, the doors were locked.
"Do not be alarmed. I wish you no harm," said Revenge, "I need you to do something. It is of the greatest importance."
"Work for you? Go to hell."
"We were destroyed. We have no wish to harvest anyone anymore. We had our chance. The galaxy can do as it wishes. However, there is a certain issue concerning Cerberus. More specifically, something they created.
A few years ago, before we invaded your galaxy, the Collectors were abducting entire human colonies. Beyond the Omega 4 Relay, they were constructing a Reaper. A Human-Reaper. When the Collector base was destroyed, Cerberus went through the relay and salvaged anything they could. This included the body of the Human-Reaper.
Using technology from a gang on Omega, based on the Geth interface design, which allowed data to be uploaded to their Consensus, they created a machine that was able to transfer the consciousness of one being into another. Either permanently or temporarily.
I was on Tuchanka when the Crucible killed all of my species. I was underground, in battle with a Thresher Maw. When I reached the surface after disabling it, I was met by a man who called himself Vengeance. He had an extraordinary capacity for war, and his biotic levels were enhanced. I learned that he was the result of the Human-Reaper experiments, and I later came to regret siding with him when he began wrecking havoc inside the Reaper network.
It appears he has made contact with the Gang on Omega. I believe they are going to start to make him another body.
This is why I contacted you. Your skills are exactly what I need to stop him."
"You want me to destroy the gang?"
"Eventually, yes. But infiltration is the key. I will give you the coordinates. Releasing control of this shuttle. I will, how you organics say, have a dialogue exchange with you later."
"You mean 'talk to you later'."
The shuttle's systems stopped glowing.
Stealth sighed, "Well, that was interesting."

2 comments:

  1. lol
    He caught him like a child catches an ant. Just put a glass over it. :P
    I'm curious to see what happens next. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice summary. :) And it's cool how they've met up now. :)

    #ChaseForBookNine

    ReplyDelete