Wednesday 7 August 2013

Part 3 - Emi

Warning: May contain foul language, scenes some people may find upsetting, violent threat and scenes of abuse.


I reached out for him and he reached for me. I was dragged away by the Citadel security officers on my first ever trip.
... I was sure I had done nothing wrong...
They forced me into a chair in a small room with a table. They pointed their weapons at me.
"Please," I begged, "Please... don't shoot me. I..."
"Shut up you stupid bitch," said one of the officers, "You will only speak when spoken to. If you speak out of turn we will shoot you."
"But... you can't do this..."
"I think you'll find I can do what the fuck I want," said the same officer, "The door is locked with a sound-proof seal. I could torture answers out of you and no one would hear. Got that?"
I nodded.
"So," said the second officer, "What did you steal?"
"... I didn't steal anything. Honestly... I have no idea what y... you're talking about..."
"Wouldn't it be a shame if someone would... make a tear in that suit of yours?"
"No! Please!"
"Then tell us what we want to know."
"But I didn't steal anything! P... please listen to me!"
"Who are you?"
"M... my name is Emi'Derik... I... I'm an a... ambassador for the M... Migrant Fleet."
"That is bloody bullshit," said the first officer.
I saw a flash of a fist. The next thing I knew, I was on the floor with the side of my head feeling crushed and a sharp pain from my cheek.
I started crying.
"... please."
I felt a hand grasping my helmet and I was forced to my feet. I felt a tear trickle down my cheek. Then there was more pain and I was on the floor again. They must have hit my head against the wall.
"... please," I begged again, "... please..."
"What did you do?" the second officer asked me with an angry tone in his voice.
"... I didn't... please..."
He kicked me in the stomach. I curled up on the floor from the pain and I couldn't help a whimper escaping my lips.
The first officer knelt down next to me and leaned in close, "Do you want to know a secret?"
I shook my head and tried to move away but the second held me in place. My crying continued, small droplets of liquid spilling over my face.
"I am with Cerberus," he told me, grinning, "You know what that means?"
I shook my head.
Another kick to my stomach, "It means I'm enjoying this, you little Quarian bitch."
I whimpered again, "... please. P... please stop..."
He grabbed my helmet and lifted me to my feet, then grasped a large knife and held it to my chest.
"Please... don't..."
"Don't what? Stab you?"
I nodded, "Please..."
"I won't stab you."
I sighed with relief.
"I'll cut open your suit so you die from a disease."
"No! Please... oh keelah..."
The knife moved closer to my chest.
"We don't want her to die," said the second officer, "We have a use for her."
"Fine," replied the first officer. He grabbed my helmet and pulled me back so I was sat on the chair, "I'll make you a deal."
"... w... what kind of deal?" I asked, still in floods of fear and pain.
"If you report to us every single day and tell us what Thomson and Renswick are doing, we will let you live. If you tell anyone - especially Thomson - that we work for Cerberus, we will find you and torture the crap out of you. This will be nothing. We will make you take off your suit and cut you. We will slice your fingers off one by one and make you eat them. If you ever get cold, we'll burn you. If you're too warm, we'll put you in a freezer. We will make every single moment of the rest of your life a living hell. You will never spend another second after you betray us without agonising pain."
The second officer added, "And you will tell us what you did."
"... but... please..."
"Ten seconds before the knife comes down. Nine. Eight..."
"... please don't make me do this. Please... oh keelah..."
"Five, four, three..."
"... please..." I begged them.
"Two, one..."
"I'll do it!" I shouted, "Bosh'tets!"
"Now don't be using that language around us," said the first officer, "Or you know what will happen."
"Yes..."
"Now tell us what you did."
"I... honestly... please... I... I didn't do anything..."
"Tell us what you did!"
"... I honestly... d... didn't do anything."
"We know you did. Tell us what you stole!" shouted the first officer, pulling out his pistol and pointing it at my head. I whimpered.
"P... please!" I protested.
Then Thomson walked in. I had never been so glad to see anyone in my entire life. I wanted to tell him everything. But... I couldn't. I was well aware what Quarians were used for in some parts of the galaxy and I didn't want to become like them.
Thomson managed to make them go floating across the room using his biotics after disarming them. He asked me how I was and I replied truthfully... I didn't know... I wasn't sure what to think...
We hugged and then I told him what they were and what they had done.
I saw his face change to one of fury.
Then he beat them up and they were arrested.
It was the second time he had rescued me within a day.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, I just around to reading it!

    Great writing, very intense and interesting. Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete