Tuesday 13 August 2013

Thomson

I think - no, I know - I love Emi. She is amazing.
The Cerberus operatives threatened her. They hurt her. And yet she still seemed to rise through it. She even had to go to hospital for a while but she still was fine.
I'm sure I love her. Even though she's a Quarian, I love her.
But I can't ever tell her.
Not ever.
What would she think of me? An Alliance military Lieutenant falling in love with a Quarian. Unheard of. And slightly strange.
I don't care what she looks like beneath her mask. She's a lovely person and that's what matters to me. And, admittedly, her body is quite nice too.
But I don't want to make a fool of myself telling her how I feel. We can never be together. I know she doesn't feel the same way about me, but I'm not surprised. She'd probably prefer someone of her own species.
I could never compete with that. We could never have children - our proteins are different and incompatible. We could never work as a couple.
Why am I even thinking of it? It could never happen. But... she deserves to know. I'm going to tell her next time I see her.

1 comment: